8 Natural Home Remedies to Clear Melasma
A common skin condition that affects many people is skin hyperpigmentation, which is also known as melasma.
There are over-the-counter medication and treatment options available in your local market.
Here are the top ten home remedies for melasma:
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can naturally lighten your skin, kill germs and clean your pores.
Here’s how to do it:
– Extract the juice from one fresh lemon.
– Apply it on the affected areas and gently rub it around for one or two minutes.
– Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
– Follow this remedy twice daily and you should see improvement within three weeks.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another extremely acid product. It can also be a powerful bleaching ingredient that can help to remove your spots and make your skin smooth and radiant.
Here’s what to do:
– Mix together equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
– Apply this solution on the melasma spots and allow it to air dry.
– Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry the skin gently.
– Follow this remedy once daily.
Turmeric is a spice that can help your skin’s level of melanin and fight melasma.
– Mix 5 tablespoons of turmeric powder with 10 tablespoons of milk to make a paste. (It is best to use whole milk, as whole milk has lactic acid and calcium in it. Both help to get rid of dead skin and make your skin soft.)
– Add one tablespoon of gram flour to thicken the mixture.
– Apply this paste evenly on the affected area.
– Allow 20 minutes to dry.
– Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. To see the best results from this mixture, use this treatment on a daily basis.
4. Onion Juice
Another way to restore the natural color to your skin is to use the juice from an onion.
How to use an onion to feed your skin the best nutrients:
– Finely chop two to three onions.
– Place in a cheesecloth and squeeze to extract the juice.
– Measure the onion juice and mix it with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
– Apply the mixture onto the desired area with a cotton ball.
– Leave for 20 minutes.
– Wash with warm water.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel can also help hyperpigmentation and bring your skin back to it’s natural color.
How it works:
– Cut open an Aloe Vera leaf and extract the fresh gel.
– Apply the gel thoroughly on the affected area and gently massage for one or two minutes.
– Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
– Wash with lukewarm water.
Use this method twice per day for several weeks in order to restore your natural skin color.
Another natural ingredient found in your pantry is oatmeal. The course nature of oatmeal enables it to be a natural exfoliator that removes dead skin and brown spots, revealing a healthy, bright glow to your skin.
How to make your oatmeal exfoliant:
– Mix together two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of honey.
– Apply it on the affected area.
– Wait 20 minutes and use water to rub off the mixture.
– Pat your face dry with a clean towel. Repeat two or three times per week for one month in order to repair your skin.
Almonds are another product that are found in your kitchen which can help your skin. Almonds are high in protein, which can help your skin to become lighter.
How to do it:
– Mix one teaspoon of powdered almonds with enough honey to make a thick paste.
– Gently rub the paste onto the affected skin and leave it on for 30 minutes.
– Rinse with lukewarm water and pat your face dry. Repeat this method three or four times per week until you see some improvement.
Another fine ingredient that is helpful in treatment melasma is horseradish, because of its ability to bleach your skin.
How to do it:
Horseradish is another traditional treatment for melasma.
– Cut horseradish into slices and rub it directly on the affected skin.
– Allow the juice of the horseradish to dry on its own.
– Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
For more information and references, check the article on our blog:
Disclaimer: The materials and the information contained on Natural Cures channel are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.